project life - january 2011

While my blogging fell apart towards the end of the year, I did complete my third year of photos. And since I'm only just putting the finishing touches on my 2010 book, I have a lot of work ahead of me putting 2011 together.

I've been looking for a system on and off for the past year as anybody who has scrapbooked their 365 can tell you, it's a monster job. I needed something I could do quickly and efficiently and the past two books have taken hundreds of hours to put together.

The problem is that well thought out and consistent looking systems are few and far between and they the majority of them involve me starting from scratch and reinventing the wheel on every spread. I don't have the time for that.

I had heard about Project Life by Becky Higgins, but all of the samples I had seen were paper-based and I'm not returning to that. The mess, clutter and the idea of printing out my pictures and going back to that method makes my head hurt. It would also mean that I would have to revert to thick binders on the shelf with no easy way to make a copy for each of the kids.

But...I looked into it again and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that there is a digital version. That makes me happy.

What I like most about it is that it's pretty standardized and there's lots of room for journaling. I also like the idea that there's limited white space for me to play with. As much as I love white space, I always find the need to fill it.

So here we go. January 2011 done with Project Life.

january1

january2

january3

january4

So what are you doing? Are you doing project 365? Are you scrapbooking it? I'd love to hear about what system and supplies have worked for you!

Comments

Georgia said…
I love what you have done; however, I have a few questions. Like you, I don't want to go back to scrapbooking. I'm toying with digital scrapping, but what do you do with it when you're finished? Is it not easier to go to one of the bookmaking companies and create a book that way? Are there companies that will publish your digital scrapbooks? Printing them out on a printer is not something I want to do either. Thanks.
Darla said…
I'm feeling your pain. I have been a scrapbooker, a 365er, and I have sooo many photos in my computer that I want to make books with...but each time I go to make blurb books or any other type, it's so frustrating that I quit. If you find the answer, PLEASE share with us! and I'll do the same. Happy New year, your photos are always beautiful.
Anonymous said…
Love it Jen!! Yeah, I'm starting my 5th year of p365 and I'm doing my first year of Project Life. I always said I'd never go back to paper, but I'm doing the hybrid version of PL...so far so good!
Sheri said…
Love it!! Just replied to your email...I wish I had told you about PL going digital back in the fall :) I know I was super excited when I heard the news! Good luck with finishing your 2011 pages! Can't wait to see the final 2010 and 2011 books!! Take care!
Unknown said…
These look great! Best wishes with getting 2011 done!

I, too, just decided to do Project Life. But I had already ordered the paper supplies and binder before I discovered the digital version. Oh well, next year. :) I'm so far behind, it makes me sick to even think about it. So I don't. It is what it is. :)