fabulous friday challenge

The season and time change continue to be a real challenge for me, with yet another week slipping by where I haven't been able to get out of the house to take pictures. I feel like my project 365 is treading water. I'm taking the shots to keep it alive, but they sure aren't anything to write home about.

To give my creativity a bit of a kick start and lead me through the home stretch and to try and improve my childrens' behaviour so Santa actually comes this year...I'm starting a new project for December called The Elf on the Shelf.

The concept is simple - Santa sends an adorable (yet slightly disturbing looking) elf into our home for the holiday season. We "adopt" and name him and he works as a scout elf, reporting back to Santa Claus all of the kids' Christmas wishes as well as a rundown of their behaviour.

So this should be the kids' saving grace, right? The thing that encourages them to shape up and stop driving their parents crazy. Well, time is going to have to tell in this house because my threats of "Santa isn't going to come to this house if you guys aren't good" was met with "Don't worry boys. We were bad all year last year and Santa still came!".

So today was day one. The elf arrived in the mail, was freed from the box and promptly named Sam. I read the book to the kids and Sam was left to work his Christmas magic.

Ava went to bed skeptical because the elf looked like he had a plastic face and unless she saw him fly, he was a sham. Ethan went to bed pleading with me. If Sam turned out to be a monster, I was to rip his head off immediately. And Owen? Well, Owen went to bed in tears because he didn't want Sam to watch him while he was sleeping.

God speed my little elf narc. Work your magic because mommy is at the end of her rope and we could have the first documented case of Santa getting locked out of this house and refused entry.

-------

So post away everyone! What inspired you this week?

I can't wait to see what you came up with!



Just a reminder of the rules:

1. The picture has to be taken by you.
2. The picture has been taken during the past week and it can be a picture you have posted earlier in the week.
3. Link up using the link to your individual blog post and not your main blog address.
4. Please include the Fabulous Friday button (below) in your post to link back to my site.
5. Leave feedback for five other participants. Let them know what you think!
6. By linking up you are okay with me re-posting your photo here if you are chosen for the top five.






Comments

Georgia said…
Last year Herbie, the elf, entered my daughter's life. It worked! He's back this year. Her two boys totally believe in him! Good luck!
Ashley Sisk said…
How fun - can't wait til I have kids to do this with.
tiarastantrums said…
ELFIE!!!!!!!!!!!! we have ours up too!
Christina Klas said…
I love this! I've always heard of Elf on the Shelf but never really knew what it was about. I think it's fantastic. :)
Unknown said…
We just got an elf on the shelf this year too! I've seen some people do crazy things with theirs. Like spill sugar all over the table and tell the kids he got into it.
Gretchen said…
That elf freaks me out a bit... we haven't brought one here, but know many who have them at their houses. In theory I like the idea... just wish he wasn't so scary looking! =P
Unknown said…
My sister used this for my nieces when they were younger and it worked like charm! She move the little elf around a night and created a lot of mischief!
Unknown said…
Reading your kids' reactions made me laugh... I needed that! ;) Have a good weekend!
Melanie said…
Hahaaa... I love the elf idea. I am so using that little guy next year! I've been MIA for a while, so happy to be back!