day 330 - girls' day out $

Today was a wonderful day and I needed it. It was a PD day for Ava and I decided that rather than stay home, I would take the day off and we would go Christmas shopping together. It was really nice to have some time with just her and I.

Essentials for a mother/daughter shopping trip?

Girl power,



two hamburgers, hold the pickles



and most importantly, matching boots.



Today also marked Vicki's last day at our house. There are few people in this world who are brave enough to watch all three of our children at the same time. Vicki was one of them and she did it three (and sometimes four or five) days a week without complaint. She has the patience of a saint and we are going to miss her terribly.



The oddest thing happened tonight. I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner and was playing music to keep me motivated. The kids were dancing around and a milestone actually took place. I heard both of my boys singing along with the lyrics for the first time. The song they sang to? "I Like It" by Enrique Iglesias.

The next thing that happened was absolutely hilarious and one of those moments where I try so hard not to laugh while I discipline with absolutely no luck. He was beating up Ethan so I walked up to him and told him to stop. He very calmly looked up at me, did what appeared to be a Jersey Shore fist pump and ran away.



Now I don't watch Jersey Shore, but we do watch a lot of Much Music countdowns in this house. Somebody's apparently been watching a little too much of this:



Comments